Aller-Geez! Herbal Tea is an all natural, caffeine-free tea formulated specifically for the allergy season. This tea contains all certified organic ingredients and Pacific Northwest grown herbs to help address the itchy, watery eyes, sneezing, and throat irritation attributed to airborne pollen.
- Nettles leaf (Urtica diocia) help to quell the histamine response to allergic triggers, acting on receptors and enzymes that cause seasonal allergy attacks. Interest in this use of nettles was revived in the last decades of the 20th century, but it’s hardly a new idea: the famous 16th century herbalist Culpeper suggested boiled or juiced nettle roots or leaves for wheezing, shortness of breath, and throat inflammations.
- Eyebright (Euphrasia officinalis), as its name implies, has long been associated with relief for inflammations affecting the eyes, and it is known as a soothing astringent for the entire respiratory tract.
- Sage (Salvia officinalis) is another traditional herb with astringent and anti-inflammatory activity, especially for the mouth, throat, and tonsils.
- Chickweed (Stellaria medina) contains saponins that act on the mucous membranes, cooling itchy sensations, soothing the bronchial tubes, and helping to expel phlegm from the lungs.
- Licorice root (Glycyrrhiza glabra) benefits immune regulation and hormone balance, and reduces coughing, swelling, and mucous accumulation.
Drink two to four cups of tea daily. For best results, steep for at least 20 minutes. Use one tablespoon loose leaf tea per cup of water. Bring water to a boil and pour over the tea, cover and steep. Strain before drinking.